Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

Friday night Sail!

Whoo what a sail!

15 to 20 knots SW perfect!

Mast up sail on and out. Just decided to go and blast on a broad reach I had forgotten how fun 12ft boats are after selling my last Cherub and sailing a 700. The think I like about the Farr is the simplicity of it and the fact that in breeze it is still sailable without too much commitment to sailing it. With the 700 practice was the order of the day which is difficult with all the other things life throws at you, but with the Farr you can not sail for a while and then get in it and have a great sail. Now all I need to do is get out on the race course and she how "he" goes in the medium handicap fleet.
 
The sail did flag up a few little things which I need to do like the rudder gantry. There is two plastic washers which slot inside the Carbon Gantry which the rudder pin goes through. these lift up when sailing which means when this happens the rudder does lift up. Originally there was a tiny little bolt that fixed them into the Gantry but the nut on one has disappeared and both nut and bolt are both gone. So I decided that I would glue them in. 

Pictures below to show what I am talking about



   

No comments:

Post a Comment