Pages

Monday 10 June 2013

1st Little Tickle

So tonight I got the boat off the road base to see what little jobs lay ahead of me. Not a lot more than Daryl already highlighted (which was nice!).

Found the foam strip from the back of the daggerboard case had come away so I turned the boat over to see what the underneath was like to find where it had come loose allowed the board to hit the back of the case. No major problem I just filled the dent with some resin and filler and she is good as new (well with a little bit of a sanding later that is). Next was a look at the board and found a few minor pin holes and cracks so I used the rest of the bog to sort them out and left it in the kitchen to go off. 

As it got dark at this point is was put the boat to bed and finish up for the night.

I hope to get out this week (work permitting) for a sail on an evening tide if I get the chance I'll have a another look at the lowers as Daryl, Ben and I all think that they need tightening so a loop and chain plates might be the way to go on this one.

Pictures below to show the evenings work!

No foam

 
 
A make do with the dagger board to get out sailing.
 
 
The Ding!
 
 
Filled with foam replaced
 Picture of the boat just for fun!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment