Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

Fixing the Gantry

So this morning I went down to sort the gantry problem.

I decided to do both the gantry and a hole in my JP Wave windsurf board as well! 10mm of Epoxy and Colloidal Silica and West filler and off we go. unfortunately I could not find the pot of dye to make it go black but as this is just a test to see if it works and it will need sanding back after it has set so I will sort the colour issue out later. 

   
right so Job done all I need to do is let it go off.

A couple of hours went by and then guess what yes rain!!!!! I think it has gone off enough but I will see what it is like tomorrow.

So with the boat not ready to sail it was windsurfing with friend Sarah. It was all looking good force 5 gusting 7 and then more rain and it went flat calm. We decided to go anyway and had an interesting sail for at least 30 minutes with no real wind and then 40 odd Knots came in with rain so hard it hurt my head (it's times like this I was I had some hair to take some of the impact!). After getting my arms pulled out from there sockets the wind proceeded to go back to next to nothing so we binned it and went in for a shower!

Hopefully tomorrow the wind will be slightly more consistent and enough people turn up to race and I can have my 1st race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment