Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Finally summer is here (Or have I spoken Too Soon!)

So it looks like Summer has finally found its way to Essex at last! This week has been lovely so far and I even managed to get out on one of my other boats to have dinner with my wife! We took the tender and got a board and enjoyed fish and chips in the cockpit and watched the sun set. You can't beat it.

 
 
I also got to start cutting some of the Cedar I got off the builders and decided to cut it to length to see how many dagger board cores I can laminate together.
 
Working at a school who have a fully kitted out wood work department is a real blessing and I happily spent an hour or so cutting and trimming using the bench saw. This has saved masses of time and I at a rough guess I have enough to make 7 Farr Dagger board cores! Not bad for free hey!
 
 
Now I just need to start sourcing carbon I'll be away. Picture below of the stash ready to be laminated up!!!
 
 
 
It seems that UK Farr developments are heating up and Dave Butler of Butler boats is talking to sail makers as well as my investigations so soon we will hopefully one or two quality names for people to choose from.
 
I have had email Contact from Andy Davis of HD sails  (http://www.hdsails.com/)  and having sailed with his sails in the Snipe know they are a top quality sail maker who are very competitive on price. ADM sails of Heybridge (http://www.admsails.co.uk/)  are also keen to get involved. With two boats in the UK out on the race course already and builds in various stages of completion I don't think it will be long till we have a UK fleet!!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment