Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

Monday Night Sail

Well after being away this weekend in the Norfolk Broads I was desperate for a sail. Yesterday looked like it was lush. Unfortunately I was stuck on the A140 watching the tree's shake and sway.

So when it looked a steady force 4 from the live weather It was time to get the Farr back out it's box and go for it. I was a little surprised how quickly I can now rig the boat so I was rigged changed and out within 35 minutes!

Well the wind had died a little (7-8 knots) but I still had a great sail. I decided to do a short triangular course to try and refine a few of my very rusty skills which too much crewing has created. Well Let just say I won't make the Olympics yet, but by the end of the night tacking was more fluid and I am starting to figure where the transition from hiking and wiring is for me. I also had a play around with putting the bow down and going for speed 'V' pointing and at times pinching. As the wind was a little shifty to say the least pointing seemed to pay but this is very difficult to judge as there was no other boats out.

All in all although it was not the most exciting sail it was a good chance to learn a little bit more and hopefully improve.

Snipe sailing this weekend at the club so no opportunity to go Farr sail but hopefully there will be the opportunity at the end of next week, so fingers crossed for some hot weather and a sea breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment