Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Pimp my Trailer.com!!!!!

Well as winter approaches and I had half term I decided to make a start on the trailer renovations! The trailer is a real wonder and someone in NZ obviously spent a lot of time making it and let just say the weather in the UK is slightly less wetter and therefore the paint of the wood had started to lift in places and it just looked a bit sad for itself! So a couple of days sanding and painting and it looks good as new. 

Trailer as it was (Spinlock Decals)

Trailer after a little tickle (Bye bye decals!)

Inside of trailer after the during tickling
 
Also I have been playing around with a hard top for the trailer so to decrease the frost and wet getting into the boat. A simple job or so I thought right up to the point where all the bits of Ply I had found in a skip were not the right length!!! So instead of it being easy it became a bit of a headache. Below is the work in progress!
 
Working out the jigsaw!!!!
 
 

1st two sections made

 

 

Back bits after painting
 
More sections post fitting and painting.
 
So I went down tonight to fit it all together and it is a tight fit but it does fit!!!!!  Happy days. Now I just need the cover to go back over the top and another little job will be done. Then I can get on with the boat tickling!!!!
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment